Team Sunrise is wrapping up a 240,000 sq. ft. re-clad of two 1970s-era apartment buildings, located at 808-812 Memorial Drive, along the Charles River in Cambridge.
The existing façade was a mix of flat and corduroy concrete and faced several water infiltration issues. Sunrise was brought in on a design-assist basis to aid in the design and renovation of the existing buildings.
Sunrise installed new structural attachments back to the floor slabs, allowing for unitized insulated metal panel sections to be mounted outboard of the existing face of the concrete.
Custom extrusions were created to integrate pre-glazed windows into the system and allow for the existing windows to be removed from the interior after the exterior work was completed.
Full scope of work included:
- ES Windows Unitized CW System
- Sunrise Erectors, Inc. Unitized Panelwall System
- Tecnoglass glazing
- Kingspan Global Designwall2000 horizontal IMP panels
- Kingspan Karrier IMP backup wall panels
- Vitrobond 4mmFR ACM in 3 custom finishes
- Hilti Group CP 637 Firestopping Mortar
- Hilti EOS Quickseal Floorslab fireproofing
- Hilti fasteners/anchors