As a family-owned business, we value the importance of a strong team environment. Each member of our team is treated as an integral part of the Sunrise “family.” And we are always looking to expand that family. If you feel that you are a strong performer who would like to work in an environment that is focused on productivity, growth and success while maintaining the core values of our family-run organization, please reach out — we would love to hear from you!
If you are interested in applying for a career opportunity at Sunrise, or have any inquiries, please submit your information below.
Our remarkable benefits package includes:
Group health insurance and prescription drug plans (with company paid deductible)
Group dental plan
Group eye health plan
Short- and long-term disability insurance programs
Competitive vacation and paid time off programs
Daily fitness or yoga sessions
Access to onsite fitness facilities
401K/Profit Sharing company paid program for retirement savings
***NEW LISTING ALERT
Job Title: Construction Estimator
Employer: Sunrise Erectors, Inc.
Location: Canton, MA 02021
Travel: Limited local travel to project sites and vendor facilities. Project locations throughout eastern and central Massachusetts
Work Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Extended hours and weekends as necessary to meet deadlines.
Sunrise Erectors, Inc. is a family owned and operated construction business located in Canton, MA that specializes in the furnishing and installation of fully engineered architectural exterior wall systems throughout New England. Sunrise Erectors has more than 100 years of combined experience in façade systems and employs over 100 employees, including an extensive custom fabrication facility, an estimating department, and a team of designers that utilize building information modeling (BIM) to coordinate the detailing and integration of complex wall cladding conditions across various exterior wall systems. Our core values are our uncompromising commitment to quality, schedule and economy as a means to provide optimized building solutions to our clients.
Sunrise Erectors has an immediate opening for a full-time Construction Estimator in our Canton, Massachusetts office. This position reports directly to Senior Project Manager, Jack Sherman.
- Prepare bid requirements and coordinate to obtain documents. Review all bid documents including contract. Formulate questions/RFI’s during bid stage. Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors. Consolidate all estimates into complete estimate summary for review. Participate in bid review meeting and assist in buyout of project;
- Analyze blueprints and perform quantity take-offs, producing an accurate estimate of materials, and order materials;
- Develop labor costs based on actual local labor rates, crew sizes and durations of labor activities in accordance with the phasing of the project schedule;
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors. Prepare a procurement plan and negotiate subcontractor and vendor contract and scope;
- Prepare and submit construction budget estimates and progress reports, cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project;
- Ensure field personnel are completing daily reports (logs of key activities, files and shop drawings, daily photographs, etc.);
- Liaise with supervisors, owners, contractors, vendors, and clients to resolve complaints, order changes, or construction problems, and adjust cost estimates accordingly;
- Develop and maintain construction project schedules using Critical Path Management (CPM) techniques;
- Participate in business development activities which include but are not limited to interviews and presentations;
- Ensure that all work is performed consistent with the contract documents and will meet or exceed client expectations.
Required Education and Training: A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or closely related field (foreign equivalent is acceptable) plus 6 months of professional or internship experience in construction management or construction estimating, as detailed below.
- A Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or closely related field, level of knowledge of Project Scheduling and Cost Planning;
- A minimum of 6 months of demonstrated professional or internship experience preparing Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) for contractors, including the Statement of Work (SOW), project schedule, and timeline to deliver all the deliverable to initiate the bidding process;
- A minimum of 6 months of demonstrated professional or internship experience drafting Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), analyzing the network diagram, identifying the critical path, preparing budget estimates, and allocating resources to activities associated with the deliverables;
- A minimum of 6 months of demonstrated professional or internship experience generating Requests for Information (RFI’s) and change requests for multiple projects to ensure that specifications are met as agreed upon in contract;
- A minimum of 6 months of demonstrated professional or internship experience acquiring quotes from vendors for budget estimates;
- A minimum of 6 months of demonstrated professional or internship experience liaising with supervisors, engineers, vendors, and clients to achieve project deliverables;
- A minimum of 6 months of demonstrated professional or internship experience tracking projects and identifying issues to be resolved, such as work procedures, complaints, or scheduling or budgetary problems; and,
- A minimum of 6 months of demonstrated professional or internship experience in Microsoft Project; Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu & Adobe PDF.
Competitive compensation and benefit package included.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org